Wednesday 11 January 2012

Inital Ideas!

When I got given the task of making a horror movie trailer I was curious as to how I could successfully convey the themes of fear without it being completely obvious.

I had the idea of a young innocent girl, making her way home from ballet class and decided to take the shortcut through the woods. The woods her parents always tell her to stay away from. She makes the decision to go through them anyway and soon realises it was a bad decision.

I personally get scared at horror movies when I cannot see whats happening, I can just hear it, therefore this is something I wanted to imply in my work. The idea of the senses being engaged. I want to try as show leaves ruffling, people whistling and no one actually being there, to create the sense the girl is essentially  hearing things.

I will conduct a questionnaire to see if my audience like my ideas for setting and to see what scares them so I can try and appeal to them throughout my trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment